Quality means doing it right when no one is looking
— Henry Ford(Founder of Ford Motor Company)
How Ardor solves blockchain bloat?
A major innovation in Ardor is the pruning of child chain transactions. Such pruning is possible because transactions that don’t modify the ARDR balances (or in other ways affect the proof-of-stake calculations) are not required for finding the chain with best cumulative difficulty. Once a node has found the best chain, it can trust the validity of any data in a given block in that best chain with the same confidence it can trust the validity of a payment included in that block (as far as the protocol enforces forgers to validate this data).
So we exploit this observation by storing the result of the execution of all transactions, i.e. the state of the ledger, into an authenticated data structure, and also including a short digest of this ledger state in each block. A node that processed the blockchain can trust (with certain level of confidence) the validity of the digest if it got enough number of confirmations. Having this digest, the node can download and recreate the state at the respective height from other not trusted nodes.
- Introduction of Ardor v3
This Calendar will be updated on every Thursday.
All informations below are aggregated from Ardor community. If you have some thing to update please send message to @Ardorbaby on Telegram.
What happened last week
■ (Feb 1st) Bitswift.cash update : Advertisements shown in claim page / Brought market stats directly to the start page / Updated info in the transparency section
■ (Feb 1st) Bridge Champ, homepage sneak peak
■ (Feb 4th) Jelurida(Alberto) presented as guest speaker at IEB Opening Ceremony
■ (Feb 4th) Bitswift launched Bug bounty program for bitswift.cash
■ (Feb 4th) GiveSafely.io, New Charity on platform : PCI Global
■ (Feb 5th) Triffic, 2021 development roadmap release
■ (Feb 8th) Ardor v3.0 changes — Full document released
■ (Feb 9th) Triffic v2.0 available for internal testers
■ (Feb 9th) GiveSafely.io, New Charity on platform : MSCCN
■ (Feb 11th) GiveSafely.io, New Charity on platform : CASY
■ (Feb 11th) MPG sent FEBRUARY 2021 Newsletter
■ (Feb 11th) MPG announces a strategic partnership within New Zealand
■ (Feb 15th) Ardor Clone : Coalculus — IEO on ChainX exchange starts(From 15th Feb to 14th Mar)
■ (Feb 25th) Ardor online meet up at Crypto Plaza : New Ardor Use Cases -Triffic, Enterprise Supply Chains and NFTMagic
■ (TBD) Ardor.World, New feature release : NFT Explorer
■ (TBD) Bridge Champ news update
■ (Mar) Triffic, App version 2.0 with in-app subscriptions launch
■ (Mar) Triffic, GPS Pay Wallet launch
■ (Mar) Triffic, GPS Token network community launch
■ (Mar) Max Crowdfund launch in New Zealand with full functionality
■ (TBD) MPG, create and distribute the MCF token, which will replace the MPG tokens
■ (TBD) MPG, creating the MCF token as a transferable and tradeable token
■ (1Q) Bitswift, Canadian dollar pegged token launch on BITS child chain
■ (1Q) MPT permissioned child chain alive
■ (1Q) Hourlong GiveSafely.io /Blockchain Educational Session Presentation — Association of Fundraising Professionals
■ (3Q) Triffic, Geo-marketing platform launch for partnerships
■ (4Q) MPG, Obtaining the EU crowdfunding license to open up the platform for all EU citizens to invest in European real estate backed investment opportunities
/TBD in 2021/
■ (TBD) Ardor Roadmap update
■ (TBD) Fiat gateway for Ardor ecosystem
■ (TBD) Sigbro App UI update
■ (TBD) Tarasca DAO’s Roadmap Update
■ (TBD) New dApp(Bogoshipo) announce / launch
■ (TBD) QualiSig prototype launch on Mainnet(Project Backed by Austria government)
■ (TBD) Cycle4Value development(Funded by Austria government)
■ (TBD) Ardor.World, New feature release : Monetary System Report for Ignis and others child chain, Specific Blochchain Explorer of DGS/ Data/ Alias / child chains, Ardor / Nxt Ecosystem resources(links board), Graphic Gallery for Ardor/Nxt memes, Community Telegram Support Program, Adaptation for mobile devices and adding new languages.
■ (TBD) NFTMagic’s launch on mainnet
- Triffic(https://triffic.app) : A free augmented reality app that rewards you in crypto called GPS tokens
- GiveSafely(https://givesafely.io) : A donation platform run by BBB Wise Giving alliance(https://give.org)
- Max Crowdfund(https://maxcrowdfund.com/) : The International Real Estate Crowdfunding Platform
- Mythical Beings(https://cards.tarasca.org/game) : a collection of trading cards
- Bitswift.cash(https://bitswift.cash) : A tool allows people to conveniently participate in the Bitswift ecosystem and provides gateway for BTC and ETH to Ardor platform.
- DeFiMAGIC(Twitter @defimagic) : A Twitter bot with NFT capability offering a range of functionalities using Ardor
- SmartVoting(https://smartvoting.io) : Blockchain powered e-voting platform
- thewiring.com(https://thewiring.com): The most advanced social network in the world and get rewarded with $WRS.
- Cryptoc14(http://cryptoc14.com) : An Ardor based anti-counterfeiting solution.
- Sigbro App(https://www.nxter.org/sigbro/) : Cold storage and tools for securely signing and broadcasting transactions on Nxt, Ardor, and any other child chains
- Ardor Lite(https://www.nxter.org/ardorlite/) : The most popular mobile Ardor wallet App
- Ardor.world(https://www.ardor.world/) : An independent website made for the convenience of Nxt / Ardor community.
- Ardor.rocks(https://ardor.rocks) : A forum for Ardor community rewards you with ROCK Asset
- Nxter Magazine(https://www.nxter.org) : Ardor/NXT ecosystem magazine run from January 2014.
- Bitswift Remote Agent(Https://bitswift.tech/RemoteAgent) : A membership service provides the essentials customers need including secure cloud backup, remote access and security software.
- FreeBird(https://nxtforum.org/freebird/freebird-v2-1-2-(-open-source-))a decentralized microblogging application built on Ardor.
- Geoblockchain : Esri Spain’s use case on Ardor. Esri is world №1 GIS software provider. Esri Spain is building tracking solution based on Ardor blockchain.
- Bridge Champ : Jelurida’s first application to enter the casual gaming market for proof of concept as well as profit.
- Hotcity(https://cities.ait.ac.at/projects/hotcity/) : An Austrian project that would let citizens submit data about industrial waste heat spots for district heating, receiving tokens as reward.(Funded by Austrian Gov)
- QualiSig : Austrian Gov’t Pilot Aims to Secure COVID-19 Communications With Blockchain Tech
- Cycle4value(https://www.cycle4value.at) :Austrian project to encourage cycling as transportation
- TreeCoin(https://tree-coin.io/) : An STO project aiming to reforestation.
- Bogoshipo(Twitter @Bogoshipo_Pets) : A pet game on Ignis child chain
- Xendbit(https://www.xendbit.com) : A fully decentralised blockchain platform that allows users to trade safely and securely without risking customer funds.
+More will soon get out of stealth mode.